  1. Any idea of how create a html tree with clickable nodes ?
    there is this excellent library http://d3js.org but it is difficult to
    use if from Perl
    George Mpouras, Apr 11, 2014

  2. Στις 11/4/2014 23:32, ο/η Martijn Lievaart έγÏαψε:
    > On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:59:19 +0300, George Mpouras wrote:
    >
    >> Any idea of how create a html tree with clickable nodes ?
    >> there is this excellent library http://d3js.org but it is difficult to
    >> use if from Perl

    > As this is not really a Perl question I can only say it's off topic and
    > you should google on jquery-ui.
    >
    > M4

    You are right that strictly is not Perl question. Obviously Perl is
    missing a module here. What we need is lets say a CGI2 that someone
    could create fancy widgets.
    PerlDancer, Catalyst etc can not even dream such a thing.
    Printing javascript code is a little disappointing.

    PS. www.jstree.com is doing the job fine, it is only for trees !
    George Mpouras, Apr 11, 2014

  3. Martijn Lievaart <> writes:
    > On Sat, 12 Apr 2014 00:10:11 +0300, George Mpouras wrote:
    >> Στις 11/4/2014 23:32, ο/η Martijn Lievaart έγÏαψε:

    >>> As this is not really a Perl question I can only say it's off topic and
    >>> you should google on jquery-ui.
    >>>
    >>> M4
    >>>

    >> You are right that strictly is not Perl question. Obviously Perl is
    >> missing a module here. What we need is lets say a CGI2 that someone
    >> could create fancy widgets.
    >> PerlDancer, Catalyst etc can not even dream such a thing.
    >> Printing javascript code is a little disappointing.

    > I find Perl is the wrong tool for the job. Use a javascript library for
    > such tasks.

    Yet, JSF hash RichFaces (and presumably others) which enable developers
    working with JSF to use 'AJAX-enabled' controls in the same way as they
    were already using JSF templates before and 'integrated' with the
    commonly-used infrastructure (this is, in turn, based on a couple of
    'Javascript libraries' but that's not something a JSF-developer has to
    worry about).

    This doesn't trouble me very much because I don't mind using four or
    five different programming languages in a single project and Javascript
    seems to be among the nicer ones (I had to build something using
    XMLHttpRequest for dynamic updates recently because that was the only
    way of implementing the intended behaviour) but often, people are fairly
    attached to a single programming language.
    Rainer Weikusat, Apr 12, 2014
  4. On 04/11/14 13:32, Martijn Lievaart wrote:
    > On Fri, 11 Apr 2014 14:59:19 +0300, George Mpouras wrote:
    >
    >> Any idea of how create a html tree with clickable nodes ?
    >> there is this excellent library http://d3js.org but it is difficult to
    >> use if from Perl

    > As this is not really a Perl question I can only say it's off topic and
    > you should google on jquery-ui.

    If the data is represented in a Perl data structure, how to get that
    into the jquery-ui would seem to be Perl question. And how to get the
    users actions out again and back into Perl would be as well.

    Xho
    Xho Jingleheimerschmidt, Apr 16, 2014