Clicking Anywhere in DataGrid Row to Check CheckBox

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by .NETn00b, Nov 28, 2005.

  1. .NETn00b

    .NETn00b Guest

    Is this possible?

    I need to create a multi-select DataGrid, and I cannot use CheckBoxes.
    I want the selected rows to appear highlighted. One possible
    work-around that occurred to me was to devise my code in such a way as
    to allow the user to click anywhere in a DataGrid row, which would
    check the CheckBox for that row. Similarly, clicking again in the same
    row would un-check the CheckBox. The CheckBoxes in question would be
    invisible, and the selected (checked) rows would appear highlighted.
    This should give me the appearance I'm looking for (assuming that it
    works).

    Is this possible? My efforts so far have been unsuccessful.

    Is there any chance that someone could provide me with a code snippet
    or two, showing how this can be done (if it can be done)?

    Thanks!!!
    .NETn00b, Nov 28, 2005