    I have been searching and searching and cannot find a way to click at a
    certain position in python. (Similar to http://tinyurl.com/9tap2 in
    Cocoa) Does anyone know of a way? Thanks.

    Nainto, Jan 18, 2006

  2. Nainto wrote:

    > I have been searching and searching and cannot find a way to click at a
    > certain position in python. (Similar to http://tinyurl.com/9tap2 in
    > Cocoa) Does anyone know of a way? Thanks.

    Use pyobjc to perform the code given in your example.

    Regards,

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Jan 18, 2006

  3. Nainto

    Nainto Guest

    There's no other way? I'd rather not have to use PyyyObjc.

    Nainto, Jan 18, 2006
  4. Nainto

    Nainto Guest

    There's no other way? I'd rather not have to use PyObjc.

    Nainto, Jan 18, 2006
  5. Nainto wrote:

    > There's no other way? I'd rather not have to use PyObjc.

    Why not?

    You migth be able to write a pure ObjC-Program that then is invoked somehow
    from python - either command-line, or as extension-module.

    But I guess that means jumping through lots of hoops pyobjc has been through
    for ages.

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Jan 18, 2006
  6. Nainto

    Nainto Guest

    Yeah. It would be a lot easyer just to be able to run asomething
    through the commandline but I'm not sure if commandline apps can take
    with the window server. If If anyone knows of any other way It would be
    greatly appreciated. (Thanks Diez)

    Nainto, Jan 18, 2006
  7. Nainto

    Nainto Guest

    I found soemthing! The following link will lead you to a page that will
    give you the code to to create a commandline tool that will manipulate
    the mouse. Then you can just set mouseButtonDown to true and be on your
    way!
    http://tinyurl.com/br7ty

    Nainto, Jan 18, 2006
  8. Nainto

    has Guest

    Nainto wrote:
    > I have been searching and searching and cannot find a way to click at a certain position in python.

    What for? There's a few ways it might be done, but what's best depends
    on what you're trying to achieve.

    has, Jan 19, 2006