clicking linkbuttons really fast...zoom..

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by SteveS, Dec 22, 2003.

  1. SteveS

    SteveS Guest

    I have an interesting problem. I have a page with 5 different linkbuttons
    and 5 different panels. The appropriate panel is displayed when one of the
    linkbuttons are clicked. The code-behind runs some stored procedures to
    populate the page.

    It works perfectly, except when I start clicking the buttons really fast.
    (of course, this probably will never happen, but I was bored at my desk
    after our Holiday party on Friday and just started clicking away....)
    After several clicks, the screen froze for a few seconds and I get this
    error in my business object:

    Line 1784: Finally
    Line 1785: If connection.State = ConnectionState.Open Then
    Line 1786: connection.Close()
    Line 1787: End If

    My connection variable "connection" does not seem to contain the connection
    anymore.

    Any ideas why this occurs??? What does .Net do with the current instance
    of the page if it is running, then interrupted by another post?

    Thank you in advance,

    SteveS
    SteveS, Dec 22, 2003