    Is it at all possible (if you look at the source code) to have the
    search start when you click on the word "search"?

    Many thanks if anyone has any code that will help.

    ©®, Jul 26, 2003

  2. ©®

    Kris Guest

    In article <3f21ec31$0$46014$>,
    "©®" <> wrote:

    > At my organisation's site (www.eteam.org) we have a magnifying glass
    > which the user clicks on to perform a search.
    > Is it at all possible (if you look at the source code) to have the
    > search start when you click on the word "search"?
    >
    > Many thanks if anyone has any code that will help.

    <input type="submit" value="search">
    Click on the word "search".

    --
    Kris
    erlands (nl)

    Kris, Jul 26, 2003

  3. David Dorward, Jul 26, 2003
  4. ©®

    Adrienne Guest

    Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "©®" <> writing
    in news:3f2248eb$0$46010$:

    >> <input type="submit" value="search">
    >> Click on the word "search".

    > Will this be a button? I would like people to click on the word "search"
    > that changes when you roll-over it.
    > Is this the same?

    The search link now apparently does nothing. The magnifying glass is
    actually a submit button that submits a query to Atomz.

    You could make the search link into a input type submit and style it
    accordingly, just be sure that it is within the form element. However,
    this might be confusing for visitors as most people input a query and hit
    something NEXT to the input box, not above it.

    --
    Adrienne Boswell
    http://www.arbpen.com

    Adrienne, Jul 26, 2003
  5. David Dorward <> wrote:

    >> I would like people to click on the word "search" that changes when
    >> you roll-over it.

    > Then style it.

    Or stop wanting that.

    Links are links - references to pages and other resources. Buttons are
    for actions, such as conducting a search with user-supplied input.
    Although there are some borderline cases, the distinction is for most
    practical purposes very clear, unless authors mess it up.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Jul 26, 2003