Client and server

Discussion in 'Perl' started by jeff, Nov 5, 2003.

  1. jeff

    jeff Guest

    Hiya

    I want to create 2 "simple" perl scripts, One of them takes a string
    input on the Com port and then sends it via the internet to a website,

    The website has a Cgi-Bin and this recieves the string and then either
    puts it in to html or txt format which is saved on the website

    I know this is a client and server application its just getting it set
    up on a Cgi-bin im confused with,

    Also im usually use python but am using perl becuase thats all my
    webspace provider allows,

    The computer that strings into the Com port will be recieved can have
    what ever perl modules on, is there one for perl modules for
    communications on the rs 232?

    cheers

    Greg

    jeff, Nov 5, 2003