Client Application Services

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Security' started by Kurt, Jul 28, 2009.

  1. Kurt

    Kurt Guest

    I have been working toward getting the Client Application Services to
    authenticate to a WCF service on an IIS6 server. So far, I have the
    System.Web.Security.Membership.ValidateUser method working as I would expect,
    the part I am having difficulty with is securing a specific service. For
    example, I have a a number of WCF servves hosted on a an IIS6 platform. I
    have enabled the <serviceHostingEnvironment
    aspNetCompatibilityEnabled="true" /></system.serviceModel> in the hopes I
    could use the <authorization> element to secure different .svc files to
    specific roles. So far I have not had much luck getting this to work from the
    Windows Form application, I can see the credentials getting passed form the
    Client Application, but the web site redirects the user to the login page. I
    have also verified that it woks using a web client usinga login.aspx page.

    The real bummer, even if I did get this to work, I am not sure its a great
    solution, as I would like to have a something that acts more like a basic
    authentication request, maps to a AspMemebershipProvider, so that I can allow
    other, non asp.net clients have secured access to the wcf services.. Not
    fully sure how to do this ?

    Thanks for any ideas :)
    Kurt, Jul 28, 2009