Client callback problem

John

Hi all,

I'm trying to get a client callback to work and am able to get it to work
when I comment out a section of other, non-related-client-callback code.

Within my "If not page.ispostback" section, I do a databind on a gridview as
well as a dropdown box. The callback itself is fired off in an "onchange"
event of a completely different textbox. If I comment out the
object.Databind() lines for botht the gridview and dropdown box, the call
back works as expected but if I include the Databind lines, an error is
generated and if I alert the error in my Javascript, I simply get the whole
HTML page.

Any ideas what could be happening here and more importantly how to fix this?

Regards
John.

Brock Allen

You can also check for IsCallback to determine if your page/control is being
executed as a result of a script callback.