    that occurred on the clientside (ie adding / removing items) and keep
    it synchronized with the server representation of the listbox?

    , Dec 13, 2006

  2. bruce barker Guest

    usually your javascript keeps list of selected list values in a hidden
    field that is posted back.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Dec 13, 2006

    Cool, that works - I can now manually pass values to the server code
    during client-callback (though it's a bit cumbersome).

    So how do I "save" the viewstate during the client callback so that
    when the page is finally posted-back, the control state of the second
    list box will maintain those values?

    bruce barker wrote:
    > usually your javascript keeps list of selected list values in a hidden
    > field that is posted back.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >
    > wrote:
    > > I'm trying to implement an add / remove listbox system ...one listbox
    > > has available values the second represents the saved values. Using the
    > > client-callback features, how would I write the code to ensure that the
    > > control state of the saved selections listbox represents the changes
    > > that occurred on the clientside (ie adding / removing items) and keep
    > > it synchronized with the server representation of the listbox?

    , Dec 14, 2006