    need use Client Callback in developer's code?

    Thanks!
    Ryan

    Ryan Liu, Mar 17, 2009

  2. On Mar 17, 7:18 am, "Ryan Liu" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just read asp.net documentation, regarding
    >
    >     Implementing Client Callbacks Without Postbacks in ASP.NET Web Pages
    >
    > Is this a useful function at all?
    >
    > I mean we can implement it in Page Methods, or as WCF service method call,
    > or jquery ajax call, or seems simpler and more efficient. Is there a case we
    > need use Client Callback in developer's code?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Ryan

    Hi Ryan,

    in some situations using call-backs can be more simple than ajax. You
    only need to implement the ICallbackEventHandler interface and add two
    methods to your webform. See complete example at
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms178208.aspx However when
    performance comes into play you would probably need to look at other
    methods. Here's a good explanation by Mads Kristensen:
    http://www.webpronews.com/blogtalk/2006/10/16/aspnet-clientcallback-simplicity-vs-performance

    Hope this helps

    Alexey Smirnov, Mar 17, 2009