    the site, but the server must be able to associate the user's IP-Address
    with a username. Can anyone help me?

    Alexander Duerloo

    Alexander Duerloo, Feb 8, 2004

  2. Alexander Duerloo

    DalePres Guest

    Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]

    Dale

    DalePres, Feb 8, 2004

  3. Be sure you understand all of the caveats when doing this-- For example, all
    users clients behind the same proxy server will appear to have the same IP
    address.

    --
    Thanks,

    Eric Lawrence
    Program Manager
    Assistance and Worldwide Services

    Eric Lawrence [MSFT], Feb 8, 2004
  4. Alexander Duerloo

    DalePres Guest

    Yes but there is nothing that the server can do to see past the firewall and
    get the client IP address. The client, of course, can do so but not with
    the web browser. You would have to write some C# or VB.Net code to run on
    the client outside the scope of the browser..

    Dale

    "Eric Lawrence [MSFT]" <> wrote in message
    > Be sure you understand all of the caveats when doing this-- For example,

    all
    > users clients behind the same proxy server will appear to have the same IP
    > address.
    >
    > --
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Eric Lawrence