Client computers IP-address?

Alexander Duerloo

How can you know the IP-Adress of the client computer that is using the
ASP.NET application? I am making an application where users can log in to
the site, but the server must be able to associate the user's IP-Address
with a username. Can anyone help me?

Alexander Duerloo

Eric Lawrence [MSFT]

Be sure you understand all of the caveats when doing this-- For example, all
users clients behind the same proxy server will appear to have the same IP
address.

--
Thanks,

Eric Lawrence
Program Manager
Assistance and Worldwide Services

DalePres said:
Request.ServerVariables["REMOTE_ADDR"]

Dale

Alexander Duerloo said:
How can you know the IP-Adress of the client computer that is using the
ASP.NET application? I am making an application where users can log in to
the site, but the server must be able to associate the user's IP-Address
with a username. Can anyone help me?

Alexander Duerloo

DalePres

Yes but there is nothing that the server can do to see past the firewall and
get the client IP address. The client, of course, can do so but not with
the web browser. You would have to write some C# or VB.Net code to run on
the client outside the scope of the browser..

Dale