Client does not support authentication protocol

Nikos

A guy told me that:

Downloading a new version from CPAN I don't think will help unless you
actually compile it against version 4.1 or newer client libraries. I'll
let someone else walk you through this because I had to do it once with
the Cygwin version of Perl using GCC and that involved recompiling both
the client libraries and dbd::mysql. If you're using the Activestate
version of Perl, you probably didn't get the CPAN version of dbd::mysql,
you got the Activestate version which is pre-compiled and, the last time
I checked, a couple minor versions behind the CPAN version.

You'll probably want to ask for more help in the Perl forums.

but i dont know exactly what to do:

Actually yes i do have ActiveState's Perl version and i

c:\> ppm
install dbd::mysql
exit

to download the mysql DataBase Driver.

What exactly i must do now to get mysql 5 to work?

Sisyphus

Nikos said:
Yes Rob that site was pointing out the problem but unfortunately i ahve
the latest dbd::mysql driver and ppm wotn download it again, so the
problem still persists.

I don't quite follow (- mind you I haven't tried to install DBD::MySQL -)
but I thought that post was pointing out a *solution* not a *problem* :)

If you're saying that you can't update DBD::MySQL because of the existing
DBD::MySQL installation, then first run:
ppm remove DBD-MySQL

I assume that's what you meant when you said that "ppm won't download it
again", but if you meant something else then let us know (along with any
relevant error mesages).

Cheers,
Rob