Client -> Server check for newer XML

George Simpson

Hi all,

Please bear with me, as I am very new to XML, and appreciate all help
offered.
Ok...
We have an application that *used* JavaScript to populate our select
boxes in the past, we are now in the process of removing this and
replacing it with the use of a data-island.
My question is when our client signs onto the application and reaches
the point where the request for the data-island takes place, this will
download the XML and store it locally on their machine (yeah/no?) if the
answer to this is yes then is there a way that we can check next time
they log on that they have the latest XML stored on their machine and if
this fails download the newer version but if the check is ok then do
nothing?

I hope this makes sense and can only thank you all again.

Kind regards,

-George S