Client Side Calculation involving controls in datagrid template co

Jim Huskey

Hi. I'm working on my first web project. I have a datagrid that contains
one column which is a template column. The template column contains a number
of controls, two of which are texboxes that contain numbers. When the value
of either change I want to caluate a number and update a label control in
the same template column. I'm confused about how to refer to the datagrid
row that contains the control whose value has change.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michael Baltic

You would need to use javascript to find the control id of the cells you are
referencing.

The aspnet_client javascripts are in your wwwroot folder.

There are scripts to determine a cell id by column and row included in the
Infragistics grid. I am not too sure that the asp grid has them by default.

The .net 2.0 gridview does have this feature.