    Thanks!

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Feb 1, 2005

  2. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    Lucas Tam <> wrote in
    news:Xns95F0845036646nntprogerscom@140.99.99.130:

    > Hi all,
    >

    > I remember someone posted a link to a javascript callback package that
    > worked in ASP, Perl, PHP, etc... does anyone have a similar package
    > for ASP.NET 1.x? I want to implement some client side callbacks before
    > ASP.NET 2.0 is available.
    >
    > Thanks!

    I think I found the link:

    http://www.ashleyit.com/rs/main.htm

    Anything better than this?

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Feb 1, 2005

  3. Lucas Tam

    Jeff @ Dart Guest

    Jeff @ Dart, Feb 1, 2005
  4. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Jeff @ Dart" <> wrote in news:1107298979.373327.64340
    @l41g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

    > Also, for a more fully featured (and commercial) ASP.NET callback
    > library, try LiveControls for ASP.NET
    >
    > Demo: http://www.dart.com/livetutorial/display.aspx
    > Product page: http://www.dart.com/powerweb/livecontrols.asp

    Thanks ... looks pretty good. I started building my app with a .NET port of
    AshleyIt's Javascript remoting and it's working quite good.

    http://www.thycotic.com/dotnet_remotescripting.html

    I'm a bit leary about paying for a commerical product when ASP.NET
    clientside callbacks are only a couple months away. Does Dart's product
    provide any added benefits besides cross browser support over Microsoft's
    implementation of callbacks? (from the demo it does look slick!).

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Feb 2, 2005
  5. Lucas Tam

    Jeff @ Dart Guest

    Well, glad you asked ;)

    Actually, there are quite a few added benefits, but I'll just highlight
    my favorite. With all other callback libraries (including ASP.NET 2.0's
    calback support) the only thing that is implemented is the callback
    itself. It is still up to the developer to hook up the client side
    event to raise the callback, to implement the server-side function that
    is raised, and to handle the response on the client-side. If any DHTML
    updating needs to be performed, the developer has to write the
    JavaScript.

    With our product, the ONLY code you write is server-side code. We take
    care of writing any required JavaScript. For example.say you wanted to
    write a test app that, when a user clicked a button, a drop-down list
    was filled. Of course, this would need to occur seamlessly...without a
    refresh.

    With our product, simply drag a LiveButton and LiveDropDownList on the
    WebForm, implement the click event, and within the event, rebind the
    LiveDropDownList to the new data. We take care of raising the callback
    and of sending back the appropriate JavaScript to fill the drop-down.

    Private Sub LiveButton_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
    System.EventArgs) Handles LiveButton.Click
    LiveDropDownList.DataSource = GetDataSource()
    LiveDropDownList.DataBind()
    End Sub

    ....and you're done!

    Now, go ahead and write the equivalent using Ashley or ASP.NET 2.0
    callback libraries, and you'll begin to see the difference.

    Anyway, for most simple callback scenarios, the Ashley or ASP.NET 2.0
    callback support may be enough for you. In that case, use it by all
    means! However, if you need more advanced support you may want to
    consider using our product. There is a free 30-day, full trial to see
    if it will save you development time.
    Jeff @ Dart, Feb 2, 2005
  6. Lucas Tam

    Lucas Tam Guest

    "Jeff @ Dart" <> wrote in news:1107353246.792781.92400
    @c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

    > Anyway, for most simple callback scenarios, the Ashley or ASP.NET 2.0
    > callback support may be enough for you. In that case, use it by all
    > means! However, if you need more advanced support you may want to
    > consider using our product. There is a free 30-day, full trial to see
    > if it will save you development time.

    Hi,

    I looked over the pricing scheme, does Dart offer a royalty free
    distribution license of live controls? For example, if I'm building a web
    interface for an application which I'll be distribution, do I have to pay
    on a per server (distribution) basis? This would seem to be quite
    expensive.

    Thanks!

    --
    Lucas Tam ()
    Lucas Tam, Feb 6, 2005
  7. Lucas Tam

    Jeff @ Dart Guest

    Not sure (you'll have to double-check with the business side of the
    house). Probably the best thing to do for that is to get in touch with
    our sales department. I'll forward them this thread as well.

    http://www.dart.com/about/contact.asp
    Jeff @ Dart, Feb 7, 2005