    file and then using the file to add items to a second select item box.

    I greatly appreciate that.

    Thanks in advance.

    cy, Jun 16, 2004

  2. cy

    Lee Guest

    cy said:

    >Hi all,
    >Can anybody give me an example of storing data on the client side in .js
    >file and then using the file to add items to a second select item box.

    You can't store data on the client side.
    As your subject (but nothing in your message) suggests, if
    your page refers to a .js file stored on your server, the
    client browser *might* automatically store a copy in its
    cache, but there's way for you to force it to, and even if
    it does, it may be gone when they return to your site.

    If updating your select options requires access to a lot of
    data, you should be doing it on the server. That also allows
    people with Javascript disabled to use the page.

    Lee, Jun 16, 2004

  3. > Hi all,
    > Can anybody give me an example of storing data on the client side in .js
    > file and then using the file to add items to a second select item box.

    Its not possible that way I think... but maybe it can be solved by using
    cookies?

    http://www.webreference.com/js/column8/functions.html

    good luck,
    Vincent