Client-Side Encryption and Studio Creator

Dev

Hi all!

Profile: I am new to web technologies and am using the J2EE 1.4
tutorial (June 2005) release to get acquainted with the technologies -
JSP, Servlets and Beans. I've a decent experience in programming in
Turbo C++. I intend to develop a web application which heavily uses
databases and also manages personal information of its users.

Reason to be here:
1) As I've said that the app has to deal with personal info, I need to
implement client-side encryption (the client sends and receives data in
encrypted form) so that anyone cannot 'hook' the transmission lines and
steal the info... as a german hacking group did to steal Windows
Activation codes (I happen to like reversing too, but unfortunately
can't do it myself). Is there any way to do this using java? I know
java has methods for implementing encryption... I had made a small
application that encrypts and decrypts using DESede. An intro to SSL
cerificates in this regard would also be nice.

2) Sun Java Studio Creator: To make my learning a bit easier, I am
using this tool (VS .NET equivalent for JSF). Unfortunately, it
develops JSP in XML syntax if I use its drag-and-drop feature. Is there
any tool that gives me the code in HTML/standard form and also provides
drag-and-drop functionality? Is there any way to do this in Studio
Creator?

All responses would be appreciated,
Dev

Roedy Green

As I've said that the app has to deal with personal info, I need to
implement client-side encryption (the client sends and receives data in
encrypted form) so that anyone cannot 'hook' the transmission lines and
steal the info... as a german hacking group did to steal Windows
Activation codes (I happen to like reversing too, but unfortunately
can't do it myself). Is there any way to do this using java?

See http://mindprod.com/jgloss/jce.html

for a lightweight version that does not require JCE, see
http://mindprod.com/products1.html#TRANSPORTER

Dev

Thanks Mr. Green, for the resource you had shared. I still have to go
thru it satisfactorily, but I believe this will help me in solving my
problem.
Another Query: Do I have to make an applet (an invisible one) and
transport all the data thru it? I also need to change keys every
session because as long as the encryption is static, otherwise the
purpose will not be solved. How can this be done?

SVG: What plugin/component do I need to install to make it visible in
IE?