Client-Side Hourglass

Mike Labosh

We have an internal application where one button the user clicks executes a
*LONG* stored procedure, and they want me to have the IE 6.0 window set the
mouse cursor to an hourglass.

In a "Forms Application", I know how to do this, but I'm not sure how to do
it (or even if it is possible) in a web app. I'm thinking a piece of
JavaScript in the onclick event of the button just before the submit occurs,
but I can't see how to do it.

vMike

--
Peace & happy computing,

Mike Labosh, MCSD
"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei
You can look into this javascript onclick="this.style.cursor='wait'". I
found it to be problematic.
Mike

gaidar

Wow! Nice artile vinay! But I think Mike needs a little bit easier solution.
The way is to set cursor='wait' for the whole document. And, for sure,
disable command button to not to allow user click it again.

Gaidar