Client side HTML to server

jas

I have an application written only in html with javascript. Everything
is on client side.
I want to make it web-based, and will be installing tomcat as the
server.

There are around 15 html pages in the app.

What is the easiest way to migrate and get started.
I have completed the the installation of tomcat. Now where do I place
all the html pages, what new code do i need to write? How easy or
difficult is the migration? What are the steps I need to follow? Any
links for this?

Thank you
Jas

Jim Moe

jas said:
I have an application written only in html with javascript. Everything
is on client side.
I want to make it web-based, and will be installing tomcat as the
server.

What is the easiest way to migrate and get started.
I have completed the the installation of tomcat. Now where do I place
all the html pages, what new code do i need to write? How easy or
difficult is the migration? What are the steps I need to follow? Any
links for this?
- Purchase a domain name.
- Rent some space on a hosting service
- Add your domain name to host provider's DNS server
- If the links in your pages are all relative to the DocumentRoot (Apache
server term), of the style "/path-to-link/link.html", simply recreate the
directory structure at the remote site and upload the files.
- If the links are of the style
"http://example.com/path-to-link/link.html", you must edit all of the
files to replace "example.com" with your new domain name.
That's about it. Although why you need Tomcat if you are have only HTML
and JS pages?