    links for this?

    Thank you
    Jas
    jas, Jun 16, 2006

  2. jas

    Jim Moe Guest

    jas wrote:
    > I have an application written only in html with javascript. Everything
    > is on client side.
    > I want to make it web-based, and will be installing tomcat as the
    > server.
    >
    > What is the easiest way to migrate and get started.
    > I have completed the the installation of tomcat. Now where do I place
    > all the html pages, what new code do i need to write? How easy or
    > difficult is the migration? What are the steps I need to follow? Any
    > links for this?

    - Purchase a domain name.
    - Rent some space on a hosting service
    - Add your domain name to host provider's DNS server
    - If the links in your pages are all relative to the DocumentRoot (Apache
    server term), of the style "/path-to-link/link.html", simply recreate the
    directory structure at the remote site and upload the files.
    - If the links are of the style
    "http://example.com/path-to-link/link.html", you must edit all of the
    files to replace "example.com" with your new domain name.
    That's about it. Although why you need Tomcat if you are have only HTML
    and JS pages?

    (Remove .AXSPAMGN for email)
    Jim Moe, Jun 16, 2006

  3. jas