Client side HttpRequest or Call WebService.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Rick Strahl [MVP], Oct 29, 2003.

  1. Look into the XMLHTTP COM object... It's IE only but does what you want,
    although security may still be an issue if ActiveX is completely shut down.

    +++ Rick ---

    --

    Rick Strahl
    West Wind Technologies

    Rick Strahl [MVP], Oct 29, 2003

  2. Rick Strahl [MVP]

    bruce barker Guest

    you have a couple options.

    1) use flash, it supports webservices and javascript
    2) use netscape 7+ as webservice support is built in
    3) use iframes and traditional post
    4) live with the security warning.

    note: the htc behavior uses the XMLHTTP com object.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Oct 29, 2003

  3. "Rajesh.V" <> wrote in message
    > I looked up the following....
    >
    > 1. mshtml activex object which letts us do http request thru js. But the
    > browser security has to be adjusted so not possible.
    >
    > 2. Htc behaviours enable calling webservices thru scripts. But this is
    > currently not supported.

    Not supported by whom? It works in IE 6.

    The other solution is to use Java.
    --
    John

    Rajesh.V, Oct 29, 2003