Client side HttpRequest or Call WebService.

bruce barker

you have a couple options.

1) use flash, it supports webservices and javascript
2) use netscape 7+ as webservice support is built in
3) use iframes and traditional post
4) live with the security warning.

note: the htc behavior uses the XMLHTTP com object.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

John Saunders

Rajesh.V said:
I looked up the following....

1. mshtml activex object which letts us do http request thru js. But the
browser security has to be adjusted so not possible.

2. Htc behaviours enable calling webservices thru scripts. But this is
currently not supported.

Not supported by whom? It works in IE 6.

The other solution is to use Java.

Rajesh.V

I looked up the following....

1. mshtml activex object which letts us do http request thru js. But the
browser security has to be adjusted so not possible.

2. Htc behaviours enable calling webservices thru scripts. But this is
currently not supported.

Is there any other method to call a webservice or do a httprequest from
javascript. I would be using only ie 6 and above and .net webservice.