Client-side image maniplation through ActiveX

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by adam roth, Apr 5, 2004.

  1. adam roth

    adam roth Guest

    Hello,

    We're looking for a client-side (ActiveX) control to allow web users
    to resize, rotate, and manipulate images on our server without
    requiring a server post-back for each. Once the image is to the users
    liking, they can then click "Save" and that'll be that. I've found
    plenty of really great ASP.Net components for Image maniuplation, but
    nothing like what I described (they're all server-side). Does anybody
    know of any ActiveX controls that may be capable of doing what I
    described...and I can somehow intregrate into my ASP.Net project
    fairly easily.

    And in the event that we do find what we want, is this a bad idea? I'm
    not all that familiar with ActiveX or it's history. I'm just
    researching for the boss because he thinks everything is possible.

    Finally, if we do find a component that'll allow us to do client-side
    image manipulation ... I assume all of the code logic has to be done
    in Jscript? That doesn't sound pleasent. Anyone with insight on this
    topic, please reply. I'm really just looking to understand our options
    at this point and let the boss know the best way of doing this.

    Thanks.
    Adam.

    adam roth, Apr 5, 2004