    Netscape. The code validates. Anyone got any ideas on this one?

    Regards,
    Duncan
    Duncan Greenhill, Apr 17, 2005

  2. "Duncan Greenhill" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I've got an client side image map that doesn't have any hotspots when

    viewed
    > in netscape. Also, not in Opera 6.05.
    > Works fine in firefox, Opera 7.23, Mozilla, even in IE 5.5, but not
    > Netscape. The code validates. Anyone got any ideas on this one?
    >
    > Regards,
    > Duncan

    The url is: http://www.mohnesee.co.uk/Codetest/imagemaptest.html

    Duncan
    Duncan Greenhill, Apr 17, 2005

  3. Duncan Greenhill

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "Duncan Greenhill" <> wrote:
    >"Duncan Greenhill" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> I've got an client side image map that doesn't have any hotspots when
    >> viewed in netscape. Also, not in Opera 6.05.
    >> Works fine in firefox, Opera 7.23, Mozilla, even in IE 5.5, but not
    >> Netscape. The code validates. Anyone got any ideas on this one?
    >>

    >The url is: http://www.mohnesee.co.uk/Codetest/imagemaptest.html

    Your cordinates are backwards.

    coords="40,148,152,102"
    should be
    coords="40,102,152,148"

    The cordinates should be those of the top-left corner and the
    bottom-right corner. See
    http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#adef-coords
    You tried to set the top-right and bottom-left and some browsers
    didn't like it.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Apr 17, 2005
  4. "Steve Pugh" <> wrote in message
    > "Duncan Greenhill" <> wrote:
    > >"Duncan Greenhill" <> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I've got an client side image map that doesn't have any hotspots when
    > >> viewed in netscape.

    > >The url is: http://www.mohnesee.co.uk/Codetest/imagemaptest.html

    > Your cordinates are backwards.
    >
    > coords="40,148,152,102"
    > should be
    > coords="40,102,152,148"
    >
    > The cordinates should be those of the top-left corner and the
    > bottom-right corner. See
    > http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/struct/objects.html#adef-coords
    > You tried to set the top-right and bottom-left and some browsers
    > didn't like it.
    >
    > Steve

    Thanks Steve, I had read the specs but I think I made a hash of trying to
    make sense of the bit of paper with the coordinates on ... Which was why I
    couldn't figure out why it wasn't working when I thought it should.
    Works in everything now, thanks again,
    Duncan
    Duncan Greenhill, Apr 17, 2005