    auto turn the text in textbox1 and textbox2 into ALL CAPS when you hit TAB
    from one to the other?

    Thanks!
    Phillip Vong, Dec 12, 2006

  2. Phillip Vong

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Phillip Vong" <phillip_vong*at*yahoo*dot*com> wrote in message

    > I have textbox1 and textbox2. Is there a simple client side code that
    > will auto turn the text in textbox1 and textbox2 into ALL CAPS when you
    > hit TAB from one to the other?

    <input type="text" id="MyTextBox" onblur="this.value =
    this.value.toUpperCase();" />

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...GGLG:2006-28,GGLG:en&q=JavaScript toUpperCase
    Mark Rae, Dec 12, 2006

  3. Hi,

    Mark Rae wrote:
    > "Phillip Vong" <phillip_vong*at*yahoo*dot*com> wrote in message
    >
    >> I have textbox1 and textbox2. Is there a simple client side code that
    >> will auto turn the text in textbox1 and textbox2 into ALL CAPS when you
    >> hit TAB from one to the other?

    > <input type="text" id="MyTextBox" onblur="this.value =
    > this.value.toUpperCase();" />
    >
    > http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...GGLG:2006-28,GGLG:en&q=JavaScript toUpperCase

    That said, that's not Java at all! Java has as much to do with
    JavaScript as a car has with a carpet... :)

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
    Laurent Bugnion, Dec 12, 2006
  4. Phillip Vong

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Laurent Bugnion" <> wrote in message

    > That said, that's not Java at all! Java has as much to do with JavaScript
    > as a car has with a carpet... :)

    Yes I know, but when the OP said "Java" I took him to mean "JavaScript", the
    same way as people incorrectly say ASP when they mean ASP.NET or VB when
    they mean VB.NET...
    Mark Rae, Dec 12, 2006
  5. re:
    > same way as people incorrectly say ASP when they mean ASP.NET

    That has got to be one of my pet peeves.

    I hate wasting the time it takes to figure out/ask whether
    the OP meant ASP or whether the OP meant ASP.NET.

    Grrr!

    Juan T. Llibre, asp.net MVP
    asp.net faq : http://asp.net.do/faq/
    ===================================

    Juan T. Llibre, Dec 12, 2006
  6. Hi Mark,

    Mark Rae wrote:
    > "Laurent Bugnion" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> That said, that's not Java at all! Java has as much to do with JavaScript
    >> as a car has with a carpet... :)

    > Yes I know, but when the OP said "Java" I took him to mean "JavaScript", the
    > same way as people incorrectly say ASP when they mean ASP.NET or VB when
    > they mean VB.NET...

    And I knew you know ;-) Sorry, I should have replied the OP directly.

    Greetings,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion, GalaSoft
    Laurent Bugnion, Dec 12, 2006
  7. Phillip Vong

    Phillip Vong Guest

    Thanks for all the comments and I've learn a little about how to post next
    time. FYI, I'm doing ASP.Net using VB.NET. I assume this Javascrip will
    work for me. I will try it tomorrow.

    Phillip Vong, Dec 12, 2006
  8. Phillip Vong

    Mark Rae Guest

    > That has got to be one of my pet peeves.

    Almost as bad as

    1) people who post with a subject of "Help!!!" or "Urgent requirement!"

    2) people who say they got an error but don't say what the error is

    3) people who say that something isn't working but don't supply the code

    Grrr!
    Mark Rae, Dec 12, 2006