client side javascript calandar

Brian Shannon

Does anyone know of a client side javascript calandar that can be used in
..aspx pages.

I have many pages using the calandar that is built in with .NET and all I
use it for is the for the user to pick a date and assign the value to a text
box. I would like to do this client side if possible instead of making
unnessary trips to the server.

Thanks

Curt_C [MVP]

wrong group then most likely...
ModalDialog will let you pass the info back but most likly this "calendar"
will have to be rendered and this will most likely be a page, which is a
trip to the server. Unless it's 100% clientside generated...... I'd say do
some searching on google though. You may get lucky.

Marina

It doesn't have to be a dialog. It could create a div, populate it with
appropriate HTML elements and display it at the appropriate location. So it
would look like a popup calendar - but it's really just elements on the same
page.

Ken Dopierala Jr.

Hi Brian,

I use http://www.activeup.com/products/components/activecalendar/ , it works
good. You might want to try a search engine too for real fast results. I
know that if you search for -javascript calendar- on google the first link
is a site that lists about 3 dozen of them. If you use MSN search then that
link is the 2nd on the page. Since you want to use this solely on the
client-side you can take the whole ASP.Net thing out of your equation and
just get a good client-side calendar that works for you. Good luck! Ken.

Joe Fallon

I use the one by Tan Ling Wee.
It is very nice looking and works great.
This is the download site and has a demo so you can see what it looks like.

http://javascript.internet.com/calendars/fuushikaden-pop-up-calendar.html

Here are more calendars:
http://javascript.internet.com/calendars/

Title: Fuushikaden Pop-up Calendar
Contributor: Tan Ling Wee
Contributor URL: http://64.246.32.44/~admin59/index.htm
Details: 2.35 KB * Uploaded July 10 2003
and pick any year, which is different from other calendars in the sense that
the year range is 'unlimited'.