Client-side scripting on server control

Mantorok

Hi all

Is it possible to have client-side scripts executed from server controls, I
have a BulletList control and when they click on an item in the list I need
some javascript to be executed.

Thanks
Kev

Mantorok

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Kev,

You need to attach client-side events to the control. You need to
understand
what HTML elements the control renders as and how to get to the elements
from server code.

Do you have any examples or guidance for me on achieving that?

Thanks
Kev

Juan T. Llibre

re:
it's a v2.0 control.

Is it ? I can't find it in my 2.0 documentation,
nor on the online msdn2 docs. Would you post an online reference ?

I know it's a Display mode for the <asp:ValidationSummary control :
DisplayMode="BulletList | List ( but that works in v 1.1, too )
or, more properly, it's one of the Members of the DisplayMode
Enumeration ( the others are "List" and "SingleParagraph ).

I thought it could be a control which Dino Esposito authored :
http://www.code-magazine.com/article.aspx?quickid=0309051&page=2

Mantorok

Aha, thank you, i'll give that a go.

Kev

Eliyahu Goldin said:
Look at Attributes property. You need to know what client event you want
handle and set the attribute for this event to the name of a javascript
function that will handle it.:

myList.Attributes["<client event>"]="handleTheEvent();";

Again, you need to find out what html tag the BulletedList is rendered as
and what event you need to handle for this tag.

Eliyahu

Mantorok said:
No, it's a v2.0 control.

Kev

Mantorok

Juan T. Llibre said:
re:

Is it ? I can't find it in my 2.0 documentation,
nor on the online msdn2 docs. Would you post an online reference ?

I know it's a Display mode for the <asp:ValidationSummary control :
DisplayMode="BulletList | List ( but that works in v 1.1, too )
or, more properly, it's one of the Members of the DisplayMode
Enumeration ( the others are "List" and "SingleParagraph ).

I thought it could be a control which Dino Esposito authored :
http://www.code-magazine.com/article.aspx?quickid=0309051&page=2

Oops, I meant BulletedList....

Kev

Eliyahu Goldin

Kev,

You need to attach client-side events to the control. You need to understand
what HTML elements the control renders as and how to get to the elements
from server code.

Eliyahu

Eliyahu Goldin

Look at Attributes property. You need to know what client event you want to