Client Side scripting user control

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Controls' started by Jim Ciotuszynski, Aug 4, 2004.

  1. I have created a user control that has textboxes in it that I need to do a
    summation based on a users input, so I thought the best way would be client
    side script instead of posting back the form time and time again. I have
    tried to add the script in the control itself and tried to add it on the
    aspx page it was going to be used on, It kind of works when I add the
    script on the aspx page, what I mean by that is, the client script gets
    called, but does not set the value of the total textbox.
    This is my setup:

    Usercontrol table with three textboxes, when onBlur on anytext box I
    want the sum total in the third thus the client script call of
    calcrow(txt1,txt2,txt3), in the script looks at them and does a calculation
    base on different parameters.

    The reason for the custom control it that I have multiple records I need to
    update based on a user query and I want to allow it 10-20 at a time.

    When I run the client script on the aspx page, if I pass
    calcrow(this,txt2.txt3) only "this" gets sent, so the calculation fails, but
    if I run calcrow(wc1_txt1,wc1_txt2,wc1_txt3) the controls get passed
    correctly, but when I try to set the value of wc1_txt3, the aspx page seems
    to be lost, as so am I. HELP!!!!

    Any help would be Greatly,Greatly appreciated.

    Thanks
    Jim
    Jim Ciotuszynski, Aug 4, 2004