Client Side scripting user control

Jim Ciotuszynski

I have created a user control that has textboxes in it that I need to do a
summation based on a users input, so I thought the best way would be client
side script instead of posting back the form time and time again. I have
tried to add the script in the control itself and tried to add it on the
aspx page it was going to be used on, It kind of works when I add the
script on the aspx page, what I mean by that is, the client script gets
called, but does not set the value of the total textbox.
This is my setup:

Usercontrol table with three textboxes, when onBlur on anytext box I
want the sum total in the third thus the client script call of
calcrow(txt1,txt2,txt3), in the script looks at them and does a calculation
base on different parameters.

The reason for the custom control it that I have multiple records I need to
update based on a user query and I want to allow it 10-20 at a time.

When I run the client script on the aspx page, if I pass
calcrow(this,txt2.txt3) only "this" gets sent, so the calculation fails, but
if I run calcrow(wc1_txt1,wc1_txt2,wc1_txt3) the controls get passed
correctly, but when I try to set the value of wc1_txt3, the aspx page seems
to be lost, as so am I. HELP!!!!

Any help would be Greatly,Greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Jim