Client side validation does not fire on deployment server

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Mark, May 13, 2004.

  1. Mark

    Mark Guest

    Hi,

    I've been having problems with the validation controls not working on
    my deployment server. Initially it was a security issue with the
    anonymous account not having permissions to access
    /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js but I think I've
    now fixed this.

    What is happening now is I'm not getting a security issue but the
    validation is not occuring, the page submits without validation. When
    I compare the validation javascript on pages from my development
    machine with the deployment machine I see the following difference:

    Dev. Machine:
    var Page_ValidationActive = false;
    if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
    clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
    if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
    alert("Unable to find script library
    '/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing
    this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
    else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
    alert("This page uses an incorrect version of
    WebUIValidation.js. The page expects version 125. The script library
    is " + Page_ValidationVer + ".");
    else
    ValidatorOnLoad();
    }

    Deployment Server:
    var Page_ValidationActive = false;
    if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
    clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
    if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") &&
    (Page_ValidationVer == "125"))
    ValidatorOnLoad();
    }

    Both machines are running .net v1.1.4322. Can anybody shed some light
    on this?

    Thanks,
    Mark

    Mark, May 13, 2004

  2. I had simmilar problem.

    I had a CustomValidator on a page with ClientValidation set to true
    (default) but without any script attached.

    I did have a server validation.

    Everyhting worked on my machine (2000) but did not on 2003. None of the
    validators worked, even regular, on that page.

    As soon as i set ClientValidation to false everything become normal.

    George.

    George Ter-Saakov, May 13, 2004

  3. Sounds like you might be having the same issue as I just had.

    /aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js
    must be installed from the server the app is running on. You can't copy from
    your machine.

    --

    Alphonse Giambrone
    Email: a-giam at customdatasolutions dot us

    Alphonse Giambrone, May 13, 2004