Client side validation does not fire on deployment server

Mark

Hi,

I've been having problems with the validation controls not working on
my deployment server. Initially it was a security issue with the
anonymous account not having permissions to access
/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js but I think I've
now fixed this.

What is happening now is I'm not getting a security issue but the
validation is not occuring, the page submits without validation. When
I compare the validation javascript on pages from my development
machine with the deployment machine I see the following difference:

Dev. Machine:
var Page_ValidationActive = false;
if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if (typeof(Page_ValidationVer) == "undefined")
alert("Unable to find script library
'/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js'. Try placing
this file manually, or reinstall by running 'aspnet_regiis -c'.");
else if (Page_ValidationVer != "125")
alert("This page uses an incorrect version of
WebUIValidation.js. The page expects version 125. The script library
is " + Page_ValidationVer + ".");
else
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

Deployment Server:
var Page_ValidationActive = false;
if (typeof(clientInformation) != "undefined" &&
clientInformation.appName.indexOf("Explorer") != -1) {
if ((typeof(Page_ValidationVer) != "undefined") &&
(Page_ValidationVer == "125"))
ValidatorOnLoad();
}

Both machines are running .net v1.1.4322. Can anybody shed some light
on this?

Thanks,
Mark

George Ter-Saakov

I had simmilar problem.

I had a CustomValidator on a page with ClientValidation set to true
(default) but without any script attached.

I did have a server validation.

Everyhting worked on my machine (2000) but did not on 2003. None of the
validators worked, even regular, on that page.

As soon as i set ClientValidation to false everything become normal.

George.

Alphonse Giambrone

Sounds like you might be having the same issue as I just had.

/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js
must be installed from the server the app is running on. You can't copy from
your machine.