    I've done a ton of vbnet, am new to aspnet, but barely know how to spell
    java. Anyone know of a good website or tutorial for this kind of thing?

    TIA

    Lisa Calla, Oct 22, 2004

  2. Lisa Calla

    Cirrosi Guest

    I suggest you to use reflector (a disassembler for dotnet).
    It permit to study microsoft controls code.
    I tink it's the best way.

    http://www.aisto.com/roeder/dotnet/

    Cirrosi, Oct 22, 2004

  3. Lisa Calla

    Peter Blum Guest

    The idea is to create a javascript function that looks like this:

    <script language='javascript'>
    <!--
    function MyFunction(source, args)
    {
    // write javascript logic that determines if there is a error
    // set args.IsValid to true or false depending on if there is an error
    }
    -->
    </script>

    Assign the function name to the CustomValidator.ClientValidationFunction.

    The hard part is figuring out the javascript logic. You will need to specify
    the exact goals and related elements on the page for anyone to help with
    that.

    FYI: I built a replacement to Microsoft's validators that helps avoid most
    client-side scripting issues. "Professional Validation And More"
    (http://www.peterblum.com/vam/home.aspx) includes 22 validators, all with
    client-side support on many more browsers than Microsoft's supports. One of
    the most powerful validators is the MultiConditionValidator. Use it to
    combine the power of any of the validators in boolean expressions like
    [TextBox1 is required and TextBox2 is required and TextBox2 must be a valid
    date format].

    --- Peter Blum
    www.PeterBlum.com
    Email: