Client Side Validation not working

shajutc

I have created a new site, using asp.net c#. My pages contain client
side validation to validate the users input. On my local machine this
works fine, but when I moved my site to the test server, the validation
doesn't execute. The page posts back without performiong the client
side validation.
I'm browsing to the site in IE, so it is not a browser problem and the
validtation works on other sites on the same server.

Pls help me.

William F. Robertson, Jr.

On the page that is posted back without checking for validation, look for
the asp scripts path.

You will see a script block in the html that looks very similiar to this:

<script language="javascript"
src="/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js"></script>

Now make sure you can see the script through the browser.

IE. if your URL is http://admin.test.com then when you type
http://admin.test.com/aspnet_client/system_web/1_1_4322/WebUIValidation.js

it should find the javascript file.

If it doesn't not find a file, then you should look at your IIS to make sure
you have a that directory /aspnet_client... in your website. If you don't,
then you probably should set up a virtual directory to point to the correct
spot.

This works fine on your localhost because you have the
localhost/aspnet_client is mapped by IIS properly.

HTH,

bill