Client Side Webservices

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by Paul Gorman, Dec 10, 2003.

  1. Paul Gorman

    Paul Gorman Guest

    I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I am
    currently writing a Web Application that uses client side
    webservice technology utlizing the webservice.htc file
    from mircosoft. For the longest time everything had been
    going great, but recently when I started adding web
    methods to the asmx.cs file none of my breakpooints are
    being hit. When this first started I was able to get
    things working again by killing the asp_net process,
    deleteing the .dll and .pdb files for the project,
    restarting IIS and then re-compiling the project. This
    would usually get it workign for a while. Then it would
    re-vert back to not hitting breakpoints. Now, for some
    reason, after this last web method I have just added I
    can't get it to ever hit my breakpoints. I can tell that
    it is running through the methods, because it is doing
    some transformations that only happen in the method, but
    it never steps into the method. Also, it also errors out
    at times and returns an error "Invalid Argument". My
    thought on this is that it is a bogus error becuase all
    my arguemnts are correct. Hopefully I explained myself
    good enough. Thank you in advnace for the help and have
    a great day!

    Paul ><>
    Paul Gorman, Dec 10, 2003

  2. Paul Gorman

    Michel Guest

    Hi Paul,

    Is it possible you are getting back cached results? Maybe cached web
    methods, or cached web controls, ...

    Michel

    Michel, Dec 16, 2003