Client Side Webservices

Paul Gorman

I hope that someone can help me with this problem. I am
currently writing a Web Application that uses client side
webservice technology utlizing the webservice.htc file
from mircosoft. For the longest time everything had been
going great, but recently when I started adding web
methods to the asmx.cs file none of my breakpooints are
being hit. When this first started I was able to get
things working again by killing the asp_net process,
deleteing the .dll and .pdb files for the project,
restarting IIS and then re-compiling the project. This
would usually get it workign for a while. Then it would
re-vert back to not hitting breakpoints. Now, for some
reason, after this last web method I have just added I
can't get it to ever hit my breakpoints. I can tell that
it is running through the methods, because it is doing
some transformations that only happen in the method, but
it never steps into the method. Also, it also errors out
at times and returns an error "Invalid Argument". My
thought on this is that it is a bogus error becuase all
my arguemnts are correct. Hopefully I explained myself
good enough. Thank you in advnace for the help and have
a great day!

Paul ><>

Michel

Hi Paul,

Is it possible you are getting back cached results? Maybe cached web
methods, or cached web controls, ...

Michel