client-side xslt with chunking?

Discussion in 'XML' started by Tim Arnold, Jul 1, 2009.

  1. Tim Arnold

    Tim Arnold Guest

    Hi,
    I would have thought it was impossible to use client-side (browser) xslt
    rendering with chunking, but this thread
    http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200611/msg00002.html
    makes me wonder.

    I've got a docbook document that specifies
    <?xml-stylesheet href="xhtml/docbook.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>

    and that renders just fine in firefox (2.0.0.10). But if I change it to
    chunk.xsl I get this message in the browser:
    Error during XSLT transformation: XSLT transformation was terminated by
    <xsl:message>.

    Has anyone had experience or ideas on working with chunking and browser-side
    xslt?

    thanks,
    --Tim Arnold

    Tim Arnold, Jul 1, 2009

  2. Tim Arnold wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I would have thought it was impossible to use client-side (browser) xslt
    > rendering with chunking, but this thread
    > http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/docbook/200611/msg00002.html
    > makes me wonder.
    >
    > I've got a docbook document that specifies
    > <?xml-stylesheet href="xhtml/docbook.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
    >
    > and that renders just fine in firefox (2.0.0.10). But if I change it to
    > chunk.xsl I get this message in the browser:
    > Error during XSLT transformation: XSLT transformation was terminated by
    > <xsl:message>.

    Note that Firefox 2.0 is quite old, it does not even support
    exsl:node-set, you need at least 3.0 for that.

    > Has anyone had experience or ideas on working with chunking and browser-side
    > xslt?

    I am not familiar with docbook stylesheet and what exactly chunking is
    in that environment but that an example for the solution mentioned in
    the mailing list post is here:
    http://home.arcor.de/martin.honnen/xslt/test2009010701.xml
    The stylesheet produces a HTML document with script where the script
    then takes care of hiding all tbodies except one.

    --

    Martin Honnen
    http://msmvps.com/blogs/martin_honnen/

    Martin Honnen, Jul 2, 2009