Clients cannot get to my Site - Help!

newgenre

I set up a simple page with vs.net. It's kust an html page and I'm trying to
get people to the site through the internet. My server is Windows XP and I
use IIS as the server. The problem is that I can get to it through internet
and intranet just fine but everyone else cannot. I have been through IIS
looking for possible blocks but cannot find what is preventing people from
getting to me. Anonymous user is checked. Why couldn't others get to it but
I can get to it?

ton

is the pagename correct. My app did not start either because the
documentname was form1.aspx and not default.html After I've added the name
it was running.
What you also can try is not to choose a foldername but to chose an existing
url, to see of it response.
Do you have a router running ? Does it allow other users to go to the
webserver ?

succes

ton

Dan

Need some more info.

Are they going to an IP address or a domain name? If IP address, is it
internal? Port 80 open? Maybe you can get to it because you're within the
same internal network.

newgenre

The pagename is WAW.htm, which is the file that shows when I get to it. So,
I believe that is working.I made this file my default file in the documents
section of IIS. Remember, I am able to get to it through the internet but my
users cannot. Not sure what you mean by an existing URL since I have to get
to it through http://IP ADDRESS/name of virtual directory/name of file. Can
you explain what you mean? Regarding a router. I am using Win XP to serve my
page through IIS, and that is all. Default configuration. I have a DSL
hook-up to the internet. And your last question is, of course, my original
problem. Cant get people to my web server. Thanks for your comments, though;
I appreciate the responce, and would like to here more from you.

Jim

newgenre

They are going to an IP address. Port 80 is showing as the port; so I
believe that means it is not internal. I will look into that. Wondering if
something is blocking port 80? XP Firewall? Worth looking into. Any
suggestions?

Jim