Client's IP address retrival

varungupta

Hi Group members !

I want to know about a method for detecting client's IP which is
running behind a proxy server.
Is there any possible way in Javascript to get the IP address of the
client's machine which is using proxy.

VK

varungupta said:
Hi Group members !

I want to know about a method for detecting client's IP which is
running behind a proxy server.
Is there any possible way in Javascript to get the IP address of the
client's machine which is using proxy.

Would *you* like to have 2-5 seconds delay on each click before context
menu appears?

I would get crazy on the 3rd click. *Many many* users too.

Interface has to be as fast responsive as possible, even if the
interface initialization phase will get longer. This fact was proven by
blood (money) over the last years.

You need several minutes to load your menus? Load them. Just make sure
then later all menus will popup like Jack In The Box on the first
demand.

Lee

varungupta said:
Hi Group members !

I want to know about a method for detecting client's IP which is
running behind a proxy server.
Is there any possible way in Javascript to get the IP address of the
client's machine which is using proxy.

var IP=prompt("What is your IP address?");

Otherwise, no.

David Dorward

varungupta said:
I want to know about a method for detecting client's IP which is
running behind a proxy server.

The machine I'm currently working on has, at one time, had six separate ip
addresses. Which would you like?
Is there any possible way in Javascript to get the IP address of the
client's machine which is using proxy.

No. The only IP address you can find out is the one that is making the
request to the server - and you can't find that out with JavaScript.

Robi

Jasen said:
What use are numbers like 192.168.1.13?

They connect my pc to my server in my network. That's what they are used for ]:->
Besides, don't tell him my IP range! ;-)

Ivan Marsh

Hi Group members !

I want to know about a method for detecting client's IP which is
running behind a proxy server.
Is there any possible way in Javascript to get the IP address of the
client's machine which is using proxy.

The purpose of a proxy server is to isolate the IP's of the private
network from the Internet... so, no.