ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation

Guest

Hi, i'm trying to get data from a asp.net 2.0 list box. The data is filled
from javascript.

i get this error

Invalid postback or callback argument. Event validation is enabled using
<pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate from
the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is valid and
expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in
order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

Can someone tell me how to use
ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation and where the code goes.

Thanks
Andre

markstimo

I too have a similar problem, Using a custom composite control with
dropdownlists populated client side with javascript. Almost every post
everywhere says just turn off event validation. Doesnt sound good to
me. If it is there for security and there is no way to USE it why have
it at all?