ClientScriptManager without a page...

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Lloyd Dupont, Jan 29, 2006.

  1. Lloyd Dupont

    Lloyd Dupont Guest

    At some stage I'm inherithing from a kind of 'web component' which don't
    inherit from SWU.Control and have no ClientScript property.

    However I need to know (in order to make it work) an URL which will return
    an image in my assembly's resource.
    You know the url kind of: 'WebHandle.axd?a=VIBUINUIHBNVUH'

    I tried something like:
    ClientScriptManager csm = new ClientScriptManager();
    base.ButtonImage = csm.GetWebResourceUrl(GetType(),
    "WebUtils.Resources.PictureBox.gif");
    But ClientScriptManager has no public constructor....
    Any idea of what workaround I could use?

    --
    I have taken a vow of poverty. If you want to really piss me off, send me
    money.

    Lloyd Dupont, Jan 29, 2006

  2. Lloyd Dupont

    luckyhuss

    Joined:
    Sep 1, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    Re:

    Pass the ClientScriptManager as parameter to the method.

    Then pass the Page.ClientScript object as the value.

    Luckyhuss

    luckyhuss, Sep 1, 2006