Clientside Validation and Page.IsValid

Paul

Hi Guys and Girls

I am trying to disable the clientside validation (Required Fields) by
using the ValidatorEnable(id,false), which works find from the point of
view that the client side script is disabled.

The problem that I am having is that Page.IsValid is still returning
false even though I have disable the validator.

I have a column call Notes where there is a validator, this validator
is only be active if a certian checkbox is ticked, otherwise it should
not be validated.

Please help.

Many thanks
Paul Phillips
MXL.COM

Scott Allen

Hi Paul:

ASP.NET validators validate on the client and the server, so you need
to totally disable the validator on both ends. Try setting the Enabled
property to false when you do not want the validator active.