    client and posts back, only to get caught at the server.

    Thanks

    Eddie
    Eddie Dodd, May 26, 2004

  2. Eddie Dodd

    Eddie Dodd Guest

    The difference between live and the other 2 is live has a WINS address and
    the others are virtual directories e.g. live = http://<sitename> and test
    has http://<servername>/<sitename>

    "Eddie Dodd" <nospam@nospam> wrote in message
    > I have a scenario where a required field validator works fine on my
    > machine - it fails validation on the field and does not post back when I
    > click the submit button, showing my error message.
    >
    > The same project on the test server works as expected.
    >
    > But when I place the project into live, the control does not validate at

    the

    Eddie Dodd, May 26, 2004

  3. Do you have the scriptMaps installed on the live servers?

    Try from the directory where you current version of .net is installed:
    ASPNET_REGIIS -s

    Hope this helps.

    Donald E. Hurley Jr., May 26, 2004
  4. Eddie Dodd

    Scott Allen Guest

    I think it is the client side scripts he would need:

    aspnet_regiis -c

    The script map options are for the server to determine how to handle a
    request, like mapping .aspx to Aspnet_isapi.dll.

    --
    Scott
    http://www.OdeToCode.com

    Scott Allen, May 27, 2004