clip span content

rodchar

to be a litte more clearer:
you know like in a div you can say overflow:hidden

can you do something like this in a span? i tried surrounding the span with
a div but it didn't work.

wisccal

Hi Rodchar,

You can set overflow:hidden on a div, because you can also set a width
on it. However, widths do not apply to spans. They are always as wide
as their content. You were correct to surround the span with a div.
But did you also give the div a width? Otherwise it will just expand
to the width of the span.

Also, I would suggest that you ask such styling-specific questions in
a newsgroup that is concerned with CSS like
comp.infosystems.www.authoring.stylesheets.

Regards,
Steve
www.stkomp.com