clipboardData.setData

Tom de Neef

Using IE, I can use
clipboardData.setData("Text","<html>"+someElement.innerHTML+"</html>");
Pasting to Excel works fine: <table> data is converted to an Excel table.
But when I paste to Word, it takes the data as text and presents all the
html tags as part of the text.
I gather from MSDN that "Text" and "URL" are the only possible values for
the first argument of setData().
For Mozilla I found examples of specifying the format of the clipboard data.

I am looking for ways of copying html to Word, so that the formatting
information is maintained.
Thank you for any suggestions,
Tom