Clone Digger: the tool for finding software clones; GSoC 2008

Peter Bulychev

Hello.

I am glad to present you Clone Digger, the tool for finding software
clones in Python programs,

The presence of clones can greatly increase the software maintenance
cost. For instance, every error in the original have to be fixed in
all copies. Therefore I hope that Clone Digger will be useful for the
Python community. It can help to form recommendations for refactoring.

Clone Digger works on the abstract syntax tree level.

You can read more about Clone Digger, see examples and download it on
the page: http://clonedigger.sourceforge.net .

======= Google Summer of Code 2008 =======

Clone Digger participates in the Google Summer of Code 2008 program.

I think, that Clone Digger will be a good choice for students willing
*) to learn about the structure of programs written in Python,
*) to practice in designing and implementing new algorithms (you will
be asked to add automatic refactoring feature)
*) to develop the tool which will help people to create better programs

You can see the project ideas here:
http://clonedigger.sourceforge.net/google_summer_of_code.html

Please, fill free to ask me any questions you may have.