Cloning HttpServletRequest...

schmen

I have a web app using Struts 1.1, with a custom controller
(RequestProcessor). The scenario that I am looking to solve is as
follows...

After a session has expired (do to server side inactivity) and the
user then later submits a form, my controller makes the determination
that the original session has expired and then doForward() the user to
a "re-authentication" login form. After the user re-authenticates, I
doForward the user back onto their original Action.

Everything works on the forwarding side of things, the problem is that
the orignal request that was used in the submition is gone, overwriten
by the re-validation submission. I tried using
HttpServlerRequestWrapper and saving the orignal request within the
session, but no joy (the request is stored by-ref).

Does anyone have an idea as to how I can clone / serialize the request
obj so that I can later make it part of the forward after
re-authentication?

Thanks for any help.