    the value entered in the text box and pass it to a third form (can use
    session etc...) but someone other trick would be great.

    TIA
    Vai2000, Dec 8, 2006

  2. Vai2000

    Hans Kesting Guest

    > Hi All! We all know how to close a form on a client side (self.close) etc...
    > but does someone know how to close a form on server side (C#)
    > I am opening a pop up window (loading an aspx form)
    > window.open(myform.aspx....)
    > I want to close this form once the user hits submit button on it and capture
    > the value entered in the text box and pass it to a third form (can use
    > session etc...) but someone other trick would be great.
    >
    > TIA

    You need to write some javascript that runs when the user clicks that
    submit-button, *before* the submit is performed.
    You will need to have a reference to that popup window (you got that
    from window.open). Read the value that is there, put it in a hidden
    field in the main form and let the submit proceed.

    Hans Kesting
    Hans Kesting, Dec 8, 2006