close child, run ASP and display data in parent

Joe D

I think this is a simple question. But I am new to JS. Here is what I
want to do:

From a parent window, open a popup window (child) to get data from
user, then user submit the request, close the child window, an ASP
page is generated from server and displayed with data in parent
window, rather than child window. Right now, I can display in child
window. But do not know how to display in parent.

TIA

N Clements

One way to accomplish what you want is to capture the information you
want in the child and submit it (via URL) to the parent window ASP file,
then either close the child immediately or have the parent close it when
the ASP file is finished loading. This is essentially submitting the
form manually.

If you want to still use the form submission itself, try setting the
target="parent" -- I've not tried it, and I don't have access to anything
that I can use to test it right now. You'll have to perform the close in
the parent window (I believe).

Hope this helps.

N. Clements
Brainbench MVP for Javascript
www.brainbench.com
(e-mail address removed).242.mailshell.com
Remove 2nd through 4th spam to reply.