    want to do:

    From a parent window, open a popup window (child) to get data from
    user, then user submit the request, close the child window, an ASP
    page is generated from server and displayed with data in parent
    window, rather than child window. Right now, I can display in child
    window. But do not know how to display in parent.

    TIA

    Joe D, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Joe D

    N Clements Guest

    One way to accomplish what you want is to capture the information you
    want in the child and submit it (via URL) to the parent window ASP file,
    then either close the child immediately or have the parent close it when
    the ASP file is finished loading. This is essentially submitting the
    form manually.

    If you want to still use the form submission itself, try setting the
    target="parent" -- I've not tried it, and I don't have access to anything
    that I can use to test it right now. You'll have to perform the close in
    the parent window (I believe).

    Hope this helps.

    N. Clements
    Brainbench MVP for Javascript
    www.brainbench.com
    .242.mailshell.com
    Remove 2nd through 4th spam to reply.

    (Joe D) wrote in news:d775f0aa.0306291314.2d38d037
    @posting.google.com:

    N Clements, Jul 1, 2003