.close not working when window is being moved

Christine

I have a small window open that should close after 60 secs...works
fine if the user is not playing with the window. The problem occurs
when the user is moving the window around when the 60 secs is up...I
just hear a 'beep' and the window does not close until the user moves
on to the next page of the tutorial/site. Any insight?

Thanks,
Christine

function Start(page) {
if (!OpenWin){
window.status="";
OpenWin = this.open(page, "CheatSheet",
"toolbar=no,menubar=no,location=no,scrollbars=no,resize=yes,status=no,width=500,height=270");
self.setTimeout('winClose()', 60000)}
else
OpenWin.focus();
}

function winClose() {
OpenWin.close();
OpenWin=null;
window.status="";

Christine

Hi Chris,
Just to clarify - I'm gathering that you tested the code I
posted...the problem isn't a matter of where the 'focus' is per se.
If the user is actively moving the small window (mouse button
depressed while on the new window), this is when the problem occurs.
I'm encountering this problem in IE 6, and the script is called when
the user clicks on a link that appears in the parent window.

Thanks,
Christine