close page with vbscript clientside

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Phil Di Guillielmo, Feb 12, 2004.

  1. Phil Di Guillielmo, Feb 12, 2004

  2. Phil Di Guillielmo

    Kae Verens Guest

    Phil Di Guillielmo wrote:
    > HI, I would like to close my webpage with vbscript clientside,
    > sort of Application.Quit

    why?

    JavaScript is much more prevalent than VBscript.

    window.close() in JavaScript. Only use it on popups.

    don't crosspost

    Kae
    Kae Verens, Feb 12, 2004

  3. "Kae Verens" <> schreef in bericht
    > Phil Di Guillielmo wrote:
    > > HI, I would like to close my webpage with vbscript clientside,
    > > sort of Application.Quit

    > why?
    >
    > JavaScript is much more prevalent than VBscript.
    >
    > window.close() in JavaScript. Only use it on popups.
    >
    > don't crosspost
    >
    > Kae

    You're right, and wit JS you can avoid the annoying window popup :

    <script>
    window.opener = 'm';
    window.close();
    </script>

    Thanks !

    FILIP [http://users.tijd.com/fiwi]
    Phil Di Guillielmo, Feb 12, 2004
  4. Kae Verens wrote:
    > don't crosspost

    There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or three
    groups which are relevant to the question at hand.
    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 12, 2004
  5. Phil Di Guillielmo

    Kae Verens Guest

    Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    > Kae Verens wrote:
    >
    >> don't crosspost

    > There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or three
    > groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

    except that vb is only relevant to 1 of the 5 newsgroups

    Kae
    Kae Verens, Feb 12, 2004
  6. Kae Verens wrote:
    > Leif K-Brooks wrote:
    >
    >> Kae Verens wrote:
    >>
    >>> don't crosspost

    >> There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or
    >> three groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

    > except that vb is only relevant to 1 of the 5 newsgroups

    Vbscript is relevant to at least alt.html and
    microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript, but "don't crosspost" would be bad
    advice even if this particular crosspost wasn't relevant to any of its
    groups.

    --
    Proud "php freak that likes to stick to the rules". Actually, Python.
    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 12, 2004
  7. Phil Di Guillielmo

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:17:01 GMT, Leif K-Brooks <>
    declared in
    alt.html,alt.html.webedit,microsoft.public.htmlhelp,microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript,microsoft.public.webdesign.html:

    > There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or three
    > groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

    In this case there are 5, but yes, the advice should have been more
    specific than just "don't crosspost".

    --
    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Feb 12, 2004
  8. "Leif K-Brooks" <> schreef in bericht
    > Kae Verens wrote:

    > >> There's nothing wrong with cross-posting when it's done to two or
    > >> three groups which are relevant to the question at hand.

    > > except that vb is only relevant to 1 of the 5 newsgroups

    > Vbscript is relevant to at least alt.html and
    > microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript, but "don't crosspost" would be bad
    > advice even if this particular crosspost wasn't relevant to any of its
    > groups.
    >
    > --
    > Proud "php freak that likes to stick to the rules". Actually, Python.

    I agree,
    I should only say "don't Multipost".
    Phil Di Guillielmo, Feb 13, 2004