Close Pop-up window and reload parent page

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a parent page with a dropdown box. The dropdown box is connected to a database. Here is how it functions....when you select the value "Add Names", a pop-up window opens up. This pop-up window has text box and a button. The user is expected to type a new name and click the button, upon doing that the name gets loaded into the database and closes the pop-up window.
Upon closing the window, I want the parent page to be refreshed such that the drop down box has the new name listed....and this is where I am not sure of.

Here is how my code looks in the pop-up window..

this.RegisterStartupScript("CloseAndReload", @"
<script language='javascript'>
window.close();
</script>
");

Can someone help me with this please.

Thanks,
VS

Reaction score
I also wanted to add that my parent page has other text boxes which have been filled with some values. So when I reload the parent page from the pop-up window, I would want the page to retain those text box values too.

Thanks,
VS

Reaction score
you can use the following one line of code to close popup window and at the same time it refresh the parent page.
Page.RegisterStartupScript("CLOSE", "<script language='javascript'>window.opener.location.reload();self.close();</script>");

happy coding
good luck

Reaction score
This work for me:
RegisterStartupScript("CloseWindow", "<script type=\"text/javascript\">window.opener.location.reload(false);self.close();</script>");

Ask a Question