Close popup messages

Discussion in 'C++' started by Philipp Post, Oct 29, 2008.

  1. Philipp Post

    Philipp Post Guest

    Good day,

    I have the following situation: A windows application should check via
    a timer all 10 seconds if a "Messenger Service" window popped up and
    if yes, then close it if that windows application (C++, no .NET) is
    running. It is not an option to completely disable the messenger
    service.

    I have read that the following should do it: Use a CBT hook and
    whenever a window is created, verify its title, if it equals
    "Messenger Service" then close the pop up message. This should be
    necessary as the pop up message is a silently pop up, and the original
    top window will not receive any notifications.

    That does not sound too complicated, but as I am a C++ beginner, I am
    stuck here how to do this and would be greatfull if someone would be
    so kind and could get me started with some code how to do this with a
    CBT hook.

    Thanks and brgds

    Philipp Post

    Philipp Post, Oct 29, 2008