Close popup messages

Philipp Post

Good day,

I have the following situation: A windows application should check via
a timer all 10 seconds if a "Messenger Service" window popped up and
if yes, then close it if that windows application (C++, no .NET) is
running. It is not an option to completely disable the messenger
service.

I have read that the following should do it: Use a CBT hook and
whenever a window is created, verify its title, if it equals
"Messenger Service" then close the pop up message. This should be
necessary as the pop up message is a silently pop up, and the original
top window will not receive any notifications.

That does not sound too complicated, but as I am a C++ beginner, I am
stuck here how to do this and would be greatfull if someone would be
so kind and could get me started with some code how to do this with a
CBT hook.

Thanks and brgds

Philipp Post