close window event

Ubi

I have a popup and I would like to capture the close window event.
How can I do that in javascript?

Daniele

Ubi

I have a popup and I would like to capture the close window event.
Hmm. I know what this smells like.

Does it smell like teen spirits? ;-)

I have a web tv:
http://www.cinemaitaliano.info/tv/

I would like to know for how long a visitor stays watching.
I am logging in the database the time when the user opens the window.
I would like to log the time he closes the window, but I don't know how. I
suppose I have to detect the close windows event.

Daniele

Stevo

Ubi said:
Does it smell like teen spirits? ;-)

Smelled like those nasty ad popups that won't go away initially.
I have a web tv:
http://www.cinemaitaliano.info/tv/
I would like to know for how long a visitor stays watching.
I am logging in the database the time when the user opens the window.
I would like to log the time he closes the window, but I don't know how. I
suppose I have to detect the close windows event.
Daniele

You can log it easily from the popup itself. Just attach a function to
window.onunload and it can "ping" your tracking system. Or it can make a
call to the parent (opener) window to say it's about to close.

Ubi

I have a popup and I would like to capture the close window event.
Smelled like those nasty ad popups that won't go away initially.

Who do you think I am? I am not a bad guy :-(

You can log it easily from the popup itself. Just attach a function to
window.onunload and it can "ping" your tracking system. Or it can make a
call to the parent (opener) window to say it's about to close.

OK, I'll try with the onunload event.

Thanks!

Daniele