CloseHandle freezes

Vikas

Hi,
I have a problem related to CloseHandle. While calling to
CloseHandle(hHandle) sometimes the code gets hang up, control doesnt
return back from CloseHandle. The handle passed to the method points
to a NIC on my machine. When the handle was opened the NIC was enable
but later I disable the NIC and then call the CloseHandle. The exe
just hungs up, and cant be killed. I need to restart my machine to
overcome the problem.

Can anyone help me.
Thanx in advance.

peter koch

Hi,
I have a problem related to CloseHandle.

I guess CloseHandle is some Windows stuff. If so, you should consult a
Windows newsgroup (microsoft.public.*). It is off-topic here anyway.

/Peter

Lionel B

Hi,
I have a problem related to CloseHandle. While calling to
CloseHandle(hHandle) sometimes the code gets hang up, control doesnt
return back from CloseHandle. The handle passed to the method points
to a NIC on my machine. When the handle was opened the NIC was enable
but later I disable the NIC and then call the CloseHandle. The exe
just hungs up, and cant be killed. I need to restart my machine to
overcome the problem.

What is your C++ question?

Rolf Magnus

Vikas said:
why this api is not behaving nromally, thats my question.

Unfortunately, CloseHandle is not a standard C++ function, so this is the
wrong newsgroup for that question.
See question 5.9 in the C++ FAQ lite for suggestions on where to post your
question.