Closing a popup window from parent window, Opera 7

janne

Hi,

I am attempting to close a popup window from parent window with Opera.
Popup is opened with parent window in page A, then actions in popup
window cause parent window to move to page B, then page B tries to
close the popup. The code which does this is:

--------

Page A:

function openPopup() {
popupWin = window.open('http://thenewaddress', 'popupname');
}

--------

Page B:

function closePopup() {
popupWin = window.open('', 'popupname');
popupWin.close();
}

--------

With Netscape & IE this works and closes the popup, but Opera gives an
error (javascript console):

Inline script thread
Error:
name: ReferenceError
message: Security error: attempted to read protected variable